Richard F. Caruso, MD, FACG
Richard Caruso, MD, practices gastroenterology at Seaside Gastroenterology Consultants. He is the medical director of Seaside Endoscopy Pavilion and is a board certified gastroenterologist.
Dr. Caruso was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA, attended Villanova University where he received a BS in science, graduating Cum Laude in 1979. He attended Villanova School of Law and graduated in 1982 with a Juris Doctorate law degree.
Dr. Caruso earned his medical degree from the Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in gastroenterology at Lankenau Hospital. He has been practicing in Lewes, DE since 1993 and has received several honors, including Delaware's Top Doc Award and Beebe Healthcare's Doctor of the Year award.
Michele Thomas, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Michele Thomas, M.D., FACS, FASCRS practices colon and rectal surgery at Delmarva Surgery Associates, and performs colonoscopies at Seaside Endoscopy Pavilion. She is board certified in colon and rectal surgery, as well as general surgery. Dr. Thomas is a graduate of Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. She completed her general surgery training at Waterbury Hospital and Yale Hospital in Connecticut. She completed her fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital
Heather N. Barton, MD
Member of Seaside Gastroenterology since 2018
- Internship - Medical University of South Carolina
- Residency - Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship - Medical University of South Carolina
- Hospital Affiliations - Beebe Medical Center
- Board Certified - American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- McDaniel College – BA in Chemistry and Biochemistry,
Drexel University Medical Science Program
- Post-baccalaureate, Eastern Virginia Medical School - MD